Senior Payroll Country Expert
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Help build and maintain the future of payroll with Remote Product, Engineer and Operations teams.
- An environment where your in depth knowledge and expertise on payroll processing makes a difference.
- Identify solutions to challenges, inconsistencies, and obstacles by collaborating with necessary stakeholders.
What you bring
- Experience with implementing new payroll softwares/systems
- Expertise running in house payroll for at least 10 years
- Experience with data manipulation such as sql, excel, sheets.
- In depth experience in one of these countries: UK, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Spain
- Fluent in english (written and spoken) as well as at least of local language from Canada (French), Germany, Netherlands or Spain.
- Experience in country and local statutory requirements.
- You'll report to: Senior Manager, Payroll Operations
- Direct reports: 0
- Team: Payroll Operations
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply.
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $72,800.00 to $92,000.00 and equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
Roughly 6 hours across 3 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.