Senior Manager, Benefits Solutions
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Lead and manage the Benefits Solutions team, ensuring the delivery of high-quality employee benefits plans and services.
- Develop and implement strategic benefits initiatives, focusing on the design and execution of innovative retirement plans with a strong product focus.
- Collaborate with vendors and third-party administrators, negotiating contracts and managing relationships to deliver the best possible benefits programs.
- Oversee compliance with applicable government regulations and industry standards.
- Analyze existing benefits programs, evaluating their effectiveness, cost, and competitiveness in the market using data-driven insights.
- Direct the development and implementation of short- and long-range cost estimates, projections, and statistical analyses related to benefits programs and modifications.
- Forecast industry trends and develop data-driven recommendations for future benefits plan designs.
- Ensure exceptional customer service support for both internal and external customers, and develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the benefits package.
- Manage escalations and resolve complex benefits plan issues.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement within the Benefits Solutions team.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Automation, Payroll, International Operations, Legal, Sales, and Customer Success, to ensure the successful implementation and scaling of benefits programs.
What you bring
- You have 8+ years of experience in Benefits Administration, with a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service and designing high-quality benefits plans, including retirement plans.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership or management role, overseeing a team of benefits specialists.
- Expertise in project management, with the ability to set goals, manage deadlines, and drive continuous process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of benefits plan designs.
- Proficient in evaluating and making informed, data-driven decisions on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language and compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Experience in vendor negotiation and management, securing the best plans, options, and rates.
- A strong product focus, with the ability to identify opportunities for improving benefits offerings and the overall user experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging data to make informed decisions and drive improvements in benefits programs.
- You are a manager of one
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- Previous experience working remotely is a plus but not required.
- You'll report to: VP of Benefits
- Team: Benefits
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- Interview with recruiter
- Async exercise
- Interview with VP, Special Operations
- Interview with Benefits Solutions Team
- Interview with VP, Benefits
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?