International Tax Analyst
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Complete scope over Direct Tax compliance, policy and strategy across Americas, EMEA and APAC (our goal is to have a sustainable Direct Tax practice at Remote, a growing multinational company enabling HR management services everywhere!)
- Participating in a distributed team with exceptional knowledge on Direct Taxes worldwide
- Exposure to a very international team (employees in 80+ countries) that are all working to solve the complex problem of helping companies hire talent anywhere
What you bring
- Prior experience and proficiency with corporate tax compliance (including corporate income taxes, withholding taxes on payroll, withholding taxes on local and cross-border services), with at least 6 years of aggregate experience, with a consultancy background being considered a plus
- You have proven advisory and compliance experience across direct taxes, both local and cross-border (as well as with tax treaties), including working knowledge of transfer pricing rules
- You keep track of recent updates in tax topics that are relevant for corporate tax compliance (e.g., Pillars 1, 2 of the OECD Programme of Work, DSTs)
- You'll report to: International Tax Manager
- Team: Finance - Tax
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Roughly 3 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with VP of tax
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?