Senior Data Analyst
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
As the Senior Data Analyst, Complaints and Errors you will report to the Analytics Director, Customer Success. Your time will be spent working with structured and unstructured data, building analytical frameworks to detect the poorest customer experiences, and performing root cause analyses. You will collaborate with programme and product managers to prevent poor experiences and minimise their impact when they occur. Your work will directly influence customer experiences, and improve Remitly's regulatory compliance stance globally.
- Focus on the small number of customers who have the poorest experiences
- Effectively communicate metrics, analyses, commentary, and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders including regular exposure to senior leadership
- Simultaneously and independently manage multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met and the desired business impact is achieved
- Use appropriate statistical tools and techniques to address ambiguous problems; identifying complaints and errors, classifying root cause, and modeling impact
- Partner with Compliance Officers to support regulatory reporting related to complaints and errors
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or related fields.
- An obsession with customer experiences
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in an analytics role
- Minimum of 2 years experience classification modeling
- Experience modelling complicated scenarios with data then estimating their relative size and impact
- Experience in SQL, statistical modeling platforms (Python, R), data modeling
- Experience with regulatory reporting and natural language processing are beneficial but not required
Flexible paid time off
Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $120,000 - $150,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.