Principal Product Manager, Risk
Principal Product Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
Identity verification and fraud prevention play a critical role in unlocking financial inclusion and ensuring that every individual can safely and securely access affordable, high-quality financial services. Our Risk Product team creates and maintains our Fraud, Identity and AML platform. Our objective is to keep bad actors out of our system, while still providing exceptional customer experiences for our customers.
As a Principal Product Manager in Remitly's Risk team, you'll drive financial inclusion and security through identity verification and fraud prevention. Your role involves envisioning and evaluating new verification solutions, improving risk management with regulators and partners, and leading cross-functional development. Working with global teams, you'll identify trends to enhance instant verification experiences and bolster risk controls. You'll strategize to ease customer transactions, focusing on international money transfers and optimizing risk management. You will report to the Group Product Manager based in Seattle and will have a dedicated engineering team to achieve your roadmap and goals.
- Establish a product vision and strategy using your knowledge of customer needs, company strategy, industry trends and risk management requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer segments globally for building tailored risk experiences.
- Partner with regional product and business managers to build highly localized experiences for specific markets.
- Challenge the status quo. Innovate and develop more convenient ways for our unique customers to complete verification.
- Work with Product Designers and Researchers to define UX and run studies for early validation and iteration.
- Manage, monitor, and scale products after initial delivery.
- Present project ideas and results to our executive leadership team
- Partner closely with your engineering team and help them build incredible experiences for our customers.
- You have 8+ years of experience in product management with at least 3 years experience building consumer facing products.
- Strength in building partnerships with engineers, product managers, designers and business managers to get projects to done.
- You have experience interpreting and using data for product decision-making.
- A love for understanding how everything works, diving deep into details from data analysis to technical systems designs.
- Experience setting and building a product strategy, roadmap and prioritization.
- Experience working with engineers to make tough technical tradeoffs and you can sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term effects.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $161,768 - $202,210 . In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.