US Tax Accounting Manager
US Domestic Tax and Accounting Manager
Remitly is an international payments company that leverages digital channels, including mobile phones, to send money internationally. It is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants, enabling users to make person-to-person money transfers in over 175 countries around the world. Remitly's vision is to transform the lives of millions of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. Remitly's digital products are fundamentally faster, less expensive, and far more convenient for customers to send money across borders.
Join Remitly and its 2,800 employees across 16 worldwide offices, who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
If you are looking to join a dynamic tax team dealing with various complex Domestic tax laws (Direct, Indirect, Franchise tax, Property tax, Payroll tax), then the Manager US Domestic Taxes and Accounting is an exciting role, well compensated in a very fast rapidly expanding Fintech company. The position will be based in Seattle.
This person is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely filings of the Company’s US direct, indirect, state, and local tax returns. In addition, the position is going to be charged with keeping up with US taxation legislative developments including corporate income taxes, transfer pricing, and Fintech around ever-changing US tax landscapes, new tax registration necessities, etc. This person will report directly to the Senior Manager Tax, assist the Business on expansions and new product initiatives, perform domestic tax analysis, and provide tax guidance that the business will use in the decision process.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of the US federal and state income tax provision under ASC740 and FIN 48, working with external tax advisors
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of US federal, state, and local taxes filings, working with external tax advisors.
- Responsible for US Sales and Use tax ((plan to subscribe to indirect tax software), property, franchise, gross receipt, payroll tax compliance
- Analyze and review the tax impact of the inter-company transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Collaborate across tax, finance, treasury, and with outside tax providers to ensure compliance with US international income tax compliance (5471, 8858 tax returns), US withholding tax requirements and assess areas of risk. Set up regular meetings with Accounting teams in US and overseas, and with HQ Financial reporting team.
- Support operationalization of various tax strategies and potential changes to end-to-end tax requirements.
- Actively participating in projects that have a tax impact throughout their life-cycle – from planning, research, modeling, including communication of tax implications to Remitly and broader management
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- You are either a CPA, or a CPA candidate
- 6+ years of progressive experience with corporate income taxes, including compliance and tax accounting in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department
- Public accounting or public company experience strongly preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and analytical approach to work product
- Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently; strong sense of ownership
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experienced with Netsuite is welcomed
- Knowledge of Avalara, Alteryx or other data analytics tools desirable
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $120,000-$150,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.