Engineering Manager - Seattle
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard-earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for an Engineering Manager to lead one of Remitly’s US Engineering Groups, focused on building exciting new initiatives. This group is part of a global engineering team, co-located in the US and Israel. You’ll report directly to the VP, Engineering.
You will lead two teams (~15 people) of software engineers building complicated software development products from ideation to launch. We are looking for someone with the ability to hire, lead, and mentor multiple teams and their Engineering Managers.
As Senior Engineering Manager, you will ensure the group is making solid technical decisions by evaluating code quality and system design. You’ll set goals, assign responsibilities, and hold team members accountable by intimately understanding your teams’ product areas. You’ll manage the team’s hiring plan and the growth and development of the engineers, tech leads, and engineering managers on the team. In partnership with the team’s PM, you'll own the quarterly planning and execution of the team’s roadmap.
- Manage two teams of software engineers and technical leads (~15 people) to deliver a new product from ideation to launch
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including product management and design, to ensure product market fit, on-time delivery, and exceptional quality.
- Work with the product’s global senior management, located both in the US and Israel, to execute the product roadmap and ensure agreement on our goals
- Guide the development process, including architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of key parts of the new product
- Mentor and coach engineering managers and team members to achieve their full potential and help them grow in their careers
- Build and maintain a culture that attracts and retains top engineering talent
- Continuously improve the engineering processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure productivity and quality
- 9+ years of applied experience in engineering, and making technical decisions
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple teams
- Successfully led a global team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Strong alignment with our mission and values and the ability to build a strong team culture
- Demonstrated ability to hire, grow, and develop engineers up to Senior but preferably Principal Engineers and Engineering managers
- You have the ability to evaluate system designs for their scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $187,500-$225,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.