Director, Global Compensation - US Remote or Seattle
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the role:
Remitly is looking for an experienced Director of Global Compensation who brings a true passion for compensation design and administration. This position will play a key role in developing and implementing compensation strategies and programs to attract, retain, and motivate our employees. This position will lead a team of compensation professionals and provide expertise and strategic direction as well as be hands on in the execution of programs and projects. The role will report to the Vice President of Total Rewards.
- Ensure compensation strategy continues to align with the organization's objectives and industry best practices. Analyze market trends, compensation surveys, and competitive data to determine appropriate compensation structures and ensure the organization's competitiveness in attracting and retaining top talent.
- Collaborate to establish compensation budgets and guidelines for the organization. Manage the design and implementation of our performance-based compensation programs, including base pay and equity.
- Conduct job evaluations and pay analyses to ensure internal equity and consistency in compensation practices.
- Conduct regular market analysis and benchmarking to evaluate the competitiveness and effectiveness of compensation programs.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulations and laws related to compensation, ensuring compliance in all compensation practices.
- Analyze compensation data and metrics to identify trends, issues, and areas for improvement.
- Provide recommendations for adjustments or enhancements to compensation plans based on data-driven insights and industry practices.
- Lead and manage a team of compensation professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including HR, finance, legal, and senior leadership, to ensure the alignment of compensation practices with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Develop and deliver clear and concise training and communication related to compensation programs, policies, and changes.
- Prepare and present compensation-related reports and recommendations to senior leadership and executive teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in program design, benchmarking, and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of compensation theories, best practices, and relevant regulations.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing compensation strategies aligned with organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and executional.
- Flexibility and comfort to roll-up your sleeves and are used to being hands-on.
- Motivated by complexity and challenges; you are energized by growth and scale in an evolving environment.
- Ability to manage within ambiguity and can change directions when needed.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to interpret complex data and make data-driven recommendations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and develop a high-performing team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex compensation concepts to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Proficiency in compensation software, HRIS systems, and advanced Excel skills.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $148,000-$195,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?