Software Development Engineer
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Join the team responsible for Customer Data as a Platform across Remitly. We are on an exciting journey to support scaling Remitly through the next decade of growth. You will work as part of a dedicated engineering team to define, build and migrate all product lines to our next-generation global customer data platform (CDP), with a focus on data privacy, to unlock compliant and secure storage of customer data across all our product lines.
As an engineer on the CDP team, you will report to the Software Engineering Manager on Product Platform organization and work with the engineers of the CDP team and the Product Manager, to understand requirements, design, and build new, forward-looking services. You will be responsible for their observability, high availability and reliability. #LI-Onsite
- Build, own, and operate services at the core of Remitly's tech stack.
- Help build the next generation systems that process every remittance Remitly sends.
- Partner with product managers and engineers across teams to help achieve our goals.
- Understand our customer data flow end-to-end, APIs to our systems and our dependencies, and become a consumer data protection Subject Matter Expert at Remitly.
- Collaborate with Staff & Senior Engineers to promote technical decisions and roadmap
- Build resilient systems to detect and respond to system outages
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 3 or more years of industry experience shipping high-quality products; with a focus on backend engineering and distributed systems.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining software.
- Experience with cross-team collaboration
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $116,710-$150,550. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?