Principal Program Manager, Risk - Seattle or U.S. Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Our Risk Program team is responsible for managing our Fraud, Identity and AML outcomes. Our objective is to leverage product configuration, analytics, policy, and processes to keep bad actors out of our system, while still providing exceptional customer experiences for our customers.
About the Role:
You will be the voice of the customer when creating rational Identity and Anti-money-laundering (AML) policies and procedures. You will partner with product, compliance, legal, analytics, and operations to manage the system and drive change; expertly walking the thin line between eliminating bad actors from our system, and providing a world class customer experience.
- Define AML program strategy, roadmap, and build a prioritization framework that captures relevant tradeoffs for the team while creating organizational alignment
- Partner with compliance to continuously improve Identity and AML and regulatory policy with the objective of balancing customer experience and a strong compliance system
- Eliminate bad actors from Remitly's system through a diverse set of levers, including; product configuration, rules management, operational procedures, and company policy
- Understand Remitly's risk program end to end, and use this knowledge to iterate on our risk systems and procedures
- Report to the Director of Risk Program
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience of program management within Fraud and AML risk.
- You're motivated by creating an outsized impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful.
- Experience working with Machine learning teams and engineers
- You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term implications.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $144,000–180,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?