Senior Software Engineer
Range is the fast, flexible, revolutionary wealth management platform. We give people an all-in-one place to live their best financial life. From buying a house to retiring early or taking care of family — members can get answers to their questions anytime and feel confident that their money is working for them.
Our team is full of all-stars who love to disrupt, collaborate, and build the next big thing in WealthTech. Join us as we make financial wellness accessible for millions more people!
About the role
As a full stack engineer, you will be responsible for scoping requirements and delivering impactful features by working closely with product, design, and engineering. This role means you will be wearing multiple hats such as (Backend, Frontend, Infrastructure, QA, Product).
The ideal candidate has experience building and delivering high-quality, secure production services, and platforms. As a senior full stack engineer you will lead engineering efforts, set technical strategy, design architecture, and provide products that delight our customers. You will work with other technical leaders to improve for engineering excellence at the company level.
What you’ll do with us
- Design, develop, and maintain secure, scalable web services for customers around the world using cutting edge technologies.
- Deeply understand our product, and immerse yourself in the community we have built to be able to understand our users.
- Establish and champion engineering best practices.
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation.
What will set you apart
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment.
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems without the need to be told exactly what to do.
- Ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly.
- Comfortable working across the stack (frontend, backend, infrastructure)
- Experience writing scalable services with Nodejs
- Experience writing web applications utilizing React, and Typescript
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, ECS, RDS, Dynamo, S3, CloudWatch
- Security engineering experience
- Fintech experience
- Startup experience
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- 401k plan
- Remote-first workplace
- Technology allowance
- Flexible PTO
- Top of Market Pay
- Paid parental leave
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
Range is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve.