Senior Data Engineer
Range is the fast, flexible, revolutionary wealth management platform. We give people an all-in-one place to live their best financial life. From buying a house to retiring early or taking care of family — members can get answers to their questions anytime and feel confident that their money is working for them.
Our team is full of all-stars who love to disrupt, collaborate, and build the next big thing in WealthTech. Join us as we make financial wellness accessible for millions more people!
About the role
We’re looking to hire our first data engineer to extract and find the right patterns to guide us in growing our business. Someone to define and own data architecture. And, who can analyze and make value out of data then clearly present it to the team.
What you’ll do for us
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What will set you apart
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics
- Passion for machine-learning and research
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data frameworks (Amazon Redshift, Big Query, Postgres, AWS Glue)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- 401k plan
- Hybrid workplace
- Technology allowance
- Top of Market Pay
- Paid parental leave
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
Range is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve.