Senior Software Engineer | Product Security
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
The Product Security team helps make Ramp the most secure place for our customers to collect, manage, and put to work their business’ financial information.
Our work centers in three areas:
- Ramp builds products with an eye for security
- Ramp detects and responds to threats before they cause harm
- Security powers Ramp’s growth
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
What You’ll Do:
- Build security-focused application primitives and integrate them into our existing products
- Design and deploy platform-level mitigations to common security issues
- Lead remediation of prioritized issues across our technology stack: collaborating with other engineers to triage and fix vulnerabilities discovered internally, through penetration testing, and through our bug bounty program
- Partner with engineering teams to design and deploy solutions which are inherently secure
- Champion the use of tooling (linters, static analysis, posture assessment scanners, etc.) which help Ramp engineers build secure systems more quickly
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building software
- Minimum of 2 years of experience focused on platform, infrastructure, and/or security
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Python (Flask), Elixir, and AWS (ECS, as well as other core services)
- Experience analyzing and improving the security posture of infrastructure in AWS
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $182,750-$215,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?