Software Engineer Internship | Android
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in NYC! We are rapidly scaling our newly minted Android app and our ideal candidate will contribute to building the next iteration of Ramp on Mobile with our world class team.
We are looking for Android interns (12 weeks) who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech community. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work and show an aptitude for learning quickly, whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an intern, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and launch new products on Ramp’s Android App
- Help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- Code review, set engineering standards, mentor, and own quality
- Work with other engineers to build the necessary backing services for the app
- Work with Product and Design to plan and identify key features to make the app successful
- Work alongside product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product
What You'll Need
- Currently pursuing a B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, with an expected graduation date between 2024 - 2026
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android UI components and Android SDK
- Experience launching at least one mobile app and/or several features that reached a large number of users
- Understanding of security best practices for mobile apps
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features or a portfolio of side projects
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
Nice to Haves
- Experience interacting with multiple REST APIs (first party and 3rd party)
- Strong understanding of mobile design patterns and best practices
- Experience with web apps (React, JS, etc.)
- M1 Pro Macbook Pro
- Catered Lunches in NYC office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- The hourly rate for this internship in NYC is $60 USD + housing stipend
Something looks off?