Senior Product Manager | Risk Intelligence
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As a Product Manager at Ramp, you will be responsible for leading a core team of engineers and designers to build amazing products that serve thousands of businesses. You will have the opportunity to own the technology solutions (algorithms, models, etc) that underpin one or more of our key business programs, which are key to optimizing Ramp as we scale.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate across various internal teams (especially finance, growth, and/or risk), has a deep understanding of our customers and our business, and knows how to use technology to solve applied quantitative problems. You also should be a great cross-functional partner to your applied science and machine learning engineering counterparts.
*Please note that this Product Management role will require you to be comfortable with working in-person at our NYC HQ (located near Union Square) at least 2 days/week*
What You’ll Do
- Optimize our products and deliver business value by combining a deep understanding of business strategy with creative product strategy and technical acumen
- Own the product roadmap, priorities and execution, focusing on a specific business program (see program areas below)
- Help thousands of companies on Ramp more successfully manage their finances by expanding the capabilities of our product
- Leverage data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve product offerings
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and processes that allow Ramp to grow the product management function at various stages of our growth
What You Need
- Minimum of either:
- 5 years of product management experience
- 3 years of product management experience and 1+ year of experience as an engineer or data (applied) scientist
- Experience building technical products from ideation to launch
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers and/or applied scientists towards a common goal
- SQL competency; fluency in data (i.e. defining metrics, running experiments, etc)
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs
- Ability to collate with multiple stakeholders and large cross-functional teams
Nice to Haves
- BA/BS in a technical or analytical field
- Experience as an engineer or data (applied) scientist
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience shipping products in an applied quantitative area like multi-sided marketplaces, pricing & incentives, optimization, search & recommendations technology, mapping & routing systems, and/or ad targeting
About Our Program Teams
- Growth Intelligence owns our lead scoring & routing systems for new acquisitions and existing customer cross-sell / churn prevention
- Risk Intelligence owns our risk management & underwriting algorithms (e.g. application approvals, dynamic limit-setting)
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $174,250-$205,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?