Risk Operations Specialist | Underwriting
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As an early member of Ramp's Risk Strategy & Operations, you will drive operational initiatives related to underwriting, customer risk management, and fraud. This role requires an understanding of underwriting processes, fluency with data, and the ability to analyze risk vectors such as credit and fraud risks. We take our responsibility to serve our customers’ commitment to their financial health seriously, and our approach is anchored in data-driven and systematic decisions to delight our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute Ramp’s risk underwriting policy used to onboard new business to the Ramp platform across corporate credit card and bill pay products
- Build and maintain monitoring dashboards for underwriting outcomes, processes and losses
- Partner with product and engineering to build best in class risk tooling to increase operations efficiency
- Research emerging underwriting and fraud trends to innovate on Ramp's decisioning systems and policies
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Risk/ Underwriting Operations or Fraud Management
- Experience within consumer/corporate/small business cards, payments, invoices, lending, or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, or R
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $85,000-$100,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?