Vice President, Finance & Accounting
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2023
Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to enable billions of people to reach financial freedom. Our first product gives employees instant access to their earned wages, enabling people to start their journey to financial success. Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
As our VP of Finance & Accounting, you will be challenged with owning the entire finance and accounting department. The VP of Finance will report on metrics to optimize our growth by understanding where efficiencies exist to maximize scalability throughout the year.
The responsibilities include overseeing accounting operations, gathering and analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports. Ultimately, you will work directly with the President of our organization to ensure our operations remain on track to hit our target goals.
- Build/ scale and manage a growing team of global strategic finance professionals who serve as business partners to functional leaders across the business and scale appropriately as the company grows.
- Ensure rigorous monitoring of the financial performance of the company and report out the senior leadership on a monthly basis, and prepare financial reporting for investors, board of directors and financial partners.
- Subject matter expertise in technical accounting / controllership, FP&A, Treasury and Cash Management practices, with an extensive network of external relationships that can be leveraged to keep a pulse on best practices, industry application and access to established and emerging leadership talent.
- Own short-term and long-term financial forecasting processes
- Develop high-trust relationships with Rain’s business leaders to deeply understand long-term business objectives and uncover opportunities to accelerate growth and drive efficiencies.
- Develop appropriate financial targets by collaborating at all levels of the organizationDevelop, define and ensure validity of key operating metrics
- Create governance structures for effective decision making, leading with a principles and data-backed approach, balancing stakeholder needs with delivering the customer benefit.
- Play a key role in corporate strategy initiatives, evaluating opportunities and risks of prospective organic and inorganic investment alternativesPrioritize hiring, developing, and mentoring the team to ensure we have the roles and skill sets that we need to deliver on company goals
- Together with Rain’s CEO and President, support ongoing assessment of the company’s capital needs, structure and capital markets opportunities to optimize the company’s cost of capital
- Assess capital needs and support Rain CEO and President with the execution of capital raising initiatives (equity and debt offerings, lending facilities, etc)
- Oversee treasury operations including cash management and FX managementEnsure all global financial compliance and reporting standards are met
- Create and execute international tax strategy and compliance in all jurisdictions
- Monitor liability exposure and oversee insurance management for global corporate
12+ years of experience in senior finance leadership roles partnering with officers and executives focusing on corporate finance matters
7+ years experience in people management and professional development, demonstrated ability to build, manage, develop and motivate a team, of which 3 years in a senior leadership / executive roleConsumer technology and/or fintech business models experience is a plus.
Ability to direct thorough analytical and financial modeling activitiesKnowledge of public market investing and debt financing ecosystem (institutional buy-side, hedge funds, sell-side equity research, bankers, rating agencies, etc)
Experience executing corporate transactions, including equity and debt capital raises, M&A, etc.
Has demonstrated strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and business issuesProfessional acumen and demonstrated ability in addressing business issues and ability to explain to all levels of management.
Has managed international teams working with overseas cash and stock operations.
Ability to both grow in the role and grow with the company, demonstrating leadership capabilities and upward progression.
Demonstrated ability to understand the details behind transactions, understand business processes and resolve issues at a deep level with the acumen to drive process efficiencies
As an equal opportunity employer, Rain is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or let your recruiter know.