Business Development Representative
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to join our Austin,Texas-based sales team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to join a customer-facing role in a dynamic start-up environment and to develop an advanced knowledge of the construction finance industry.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying and scheduling meetings with potential customers. Working in partnership with the marketing and sales teams, you will own the earliest stages of the sales process including: generating target lists, executing prospecting campaigns, qualifying prospects, and setting the tone of what it’s like to do business with Rabbet. To be successful in this role, you need to be process-oriented, iterative, curious and resilient.
What You’ll Do:
- Generating new business opportunities to propel Rabbet’s growth through compelling, personalized outbound prospecting
- Identifying members of the buying group at target companies and building the foundation of lasting, valuable relationships
- Working closely with the sales and marketing teams to develop and optimize strategies for targeted lists, cadences, and messaging
- Qualifying inbound prospective customers, understanding their needs, and setting expectations for the value Rabbet will provide
- Learning the ins and outs of the construction finance industry and sharing knowledge of new trends, stakeholders, and competitors
- Achieving and exceeding monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years experience as a business development representative
- 1+ years experience with a B2B SaaS company
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High personal accountability with a drive for process, organization, metrics, and constant learning
- Demonstrated success of sourcing relationships with senior executives
- Previous experience with the commercial real estate or banking industries a plus
- Experience using Salesforce and Outreach
- Curiosity: you are always looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and give/receive feedback
- Determination: you have a strong work ethic and willingness to collaborate in an competitive environment
- Ambition: you are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth and success of Rabbet by growing our sales pipeline
- Resiliency: you have a "can-do" attitude and are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems
What’s in it for You:
- We hire only exceptional talent, you'll be joining a world-class team
- We are rapidly growing, we provide equity to all team members
- Competitive compensation
- We care about your total wellness, we offer a 401(k) plan w/ a generous matching contribution as well as comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- We understand the importance of family and time to recharge, we provide parental leave benefits, ample PTO (that we encourage you to use), and remote flexibility
- We are invested in your growth, we provide you resources for professional development
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
We’ve assembled one of the best teams you could possibly find in Austin. We like to imagine what’s possible, and then do it. Then learn from it. Then do it better. If this sounds like your kind of thing, we want you to join us!
Inclusion Promise: Rabbet embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are relentlessly committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Location: We are currently a fully remote team, so living in Austin is not a requirement. However, we do have an expectation for travel to Austin 3 days per quarter.
Through our core values of Relationships and Transparency, Rabbet strives to create an inclusive workplace where we welcome persons of all backgrounds. Rabbet is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or age. Despite being a startup, we do value work/life balance and we offer competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
At Rabbet, we aim to connect people and data to streamline construction finances. Lenders and real estate developers use Rabbet to manage their construction finance for projects from $500,000 to over $500 million. A rabbet is a joint in woodworking and as a rabbet strengthens connections in woodworking, Rabbet strengthens connections in construction finance.
Rabbet is backed by a leading FinTech VC (QED), a leading real estate tech VC (Camber Creek), a large strategic investor (Goldman Sachs), and Y Combinator. You’ll be joining a company that values efficiency, guidance, transparency, and relationships. We’re a small team (~25 employees), so there’s plenty of opportunity to have a big impact.
We commit to our customers - and the construction lending industry as a whole - to walk side-by-side through the continual evolution of the construction financing process. We combine deep domain expertise and technology to bring forward innovation in construction finance.
Something looks off?