Lead Generation Specialist - Intern
As passionate about our people as we are about our mission.
What We’re All About:
Q2 is proud of delivering our mobile banking platform and technology solutions, globally, to more than 22 million end users across our 1,300 financial institutions and fintech clients. At Q2, our mission is simple: Build strong, diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We accomplish that by investing in the communities where both our customers and employees serve and live.
What Makes Q2 Special?
Being as passionate about our people as we are about our mission. We celebrate our employees in many ways, including our “Circle of Awesomeness” award ceremony and day of employee celebration among others! We invest in the growth and development of our team members through ongoing learning opportunities, mentorship programs, internal mobility, and meaningful leadership relationships. We also know that nothing builds trust and collaboration like having fun. We hold an annual Dodgeball for Charity event at our Q2 Stadium in Austin, inviting other local companies to play, and community organizations we support to raise money and awareness together.
Q2 Digital Lending is a division of the overall Q2 Emerging Business Portfolio. We provide a Software-as-a-Service platform targeted specifically for the needs of global Non-Bank Lenders (“Alt-Fi Lenders”). Our team of Software professionals work in support of the overall Q2 Mission, to build strong and diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. Our division’s specific focus is to provide a reliable and innovative platform for our Alt-Fi customers so that they can provide Consumers and Small Businesses access to the Credit they need to realize their full potential. We design, build, and implement an end-to-end suite consisting of Loan Origination, Servicing, Collections, and Investor Management applications, all based on the world-class Salesforce platform.
Q2 Digital Lending is seeking a highly motivated Lead Generation Specialist (Intern) to develop new business and manage relationships with Non-Bank Lenders (“Alt-Fi Lenders”). If you have great people skills, a proven track record in cold-calling and high energy, this is the position for you!
The Job At-A-Glance:
The Summer Internship Program spans 12 weeks (from May 21st to August 9th) and offers paid hourly positions with an average workload of 40 hours per week. We provide invaluable hands-on experience in a professional environment centered around digital banking software and technology.
In addition to your regular responsibilities, you’ll have opportunities to participate in networking events, attend enriching workshops, and even present to our Executive Leadership team at the program’s conclusions. Successful completion of the internship could potentially lead to a full-time position upon graduation.
This role operates on a hybrid basis, requiring presence in the office three days a week. Given this arrangement, preference is given to candidates located in Austin or the surrounding areas.
A Typical Day:
- Prospect for new business via phone, email, and marketing campaigns
- Qualify inbound leads, leads from digital campaigns, tradeshows, and referrals
- Identify and understand prospect needs via detailed discovery meetings
- Align FI needs/goals with Q2 solutions to drive optimal value
- Participate in marketing events and/or trade shows.
- Update and ensure Salesforce database accuracy.
- Maintain relationships with existing prospects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
Bring Your Passion, Do What You Love. Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Rising seniors currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a target graduation date in 2025
- Marketing or Communications majors preferred
- Understanding of complex sales processes
- Strong sales, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment and interact effectively with marketing, sales operations, and sales team members
- Strong computer skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office solutions
- Prior Salesforce experience a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
How We Give Back to the Community:
You can learn more about our Q2 Spark Program, Q2 Philanthropy fund, and our employee volunteering programs on our Q2 Community page. Q2 supports dozens of wide-reaching organizations, such as the African American Leadership Institute, Ladders for Leaders, and The Trevor Project, promoting diversity and success in leadership and technology. Other deserving beneficiaries include Resource Center helping LGBTQ communities, JDRF, and Homes for our Troops, a group helping veterans rebuild their lives with specially adapted homes.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.