Data Services Implementations Engineer
As passionate about our people as we are about our mission.
What We’re All About:
Q2 is proud of delivering our mobile banking platform and technology solutions, globally, to more than 22 million end users across our 1,300 financial institutions and fintech clients. At Q2, our mission is simple: Build strong, diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We accomplish that by investing in the communities where both our customers and employees serve and live.
What Makes Q2 Special?
Being as passionate about our people as we are about our mission. We celebrate our employees in many ways, including our “Circle of Awesomeness” award ceremony and day of employee celebration among others! We invest in the growth and development of our team members through ongoing learning opportunities, mentorship programs, internal mobility, and meaningful leadership relationships. We also know that nothing builds trust and collaboration like having fun. We hold an annual Dodgeball for Charity event at our Q2 Stadium in Austin, inviting other local companies to play, and community organizations we support to raise money and awareness together.
Q2 is seeking a Data Services Implementation Engineer. This role will be responsible for implementing Q2’s Batch Import Processes to align with the business requirements of our customers. You will be exposed to a highly customizable product that is configured and engineered differently for each customer to produce like results. You must be exceptionally detail-oriented and an energetic self-starter who can work independently and in a group setting to succeed in this role.
- Construct Python frameworks to convert Online Banking and Core data from flat files to relational databases.
- Work with business partners at Q2’s customers to troubleshoot and resolve data issues, often of a complex nature.
- Follow internal change control processes to implement any required production modifications and thoroughly document and track all production environment modifications.
- Escalate blockers to the appropriate resources.
- Establish relationships with other partner teams that impact technical support including Implementation Teams, Data Center Operations, QA, and Development.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 – 5 years of ETL experience
- 3 – 5 years of software development experience, preferably with Python
- 1 – 2 years of SQL experience
- 1 – 2 years working directly with external customers
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and scripting
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and demanding constraints and resolve issues in a timely manner within a high pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail
Health & Wellness
Hybrid & Remote Work Opportunities
Flexible Time Off
Career Development & Mentoring Programs
Generous Retirement Benefit Plans, including a company-matching HSA program.
Health & Wellness Benefits, including a 12-weeks of parental leave for eligible new parents
Community Volunteering & Company Philanthropy Programs
Employee Peer Recognition Programs – “You Earned it”
How We Give Back to the Community:
You can learn more about our Q2 Spark Program, Q2 Philanthropy fund, and our employee volunteering programs on our Q2 Community page. Q2 supports dozens of wide-reaching organizations, such as the African American Leadership Institute, Ladders for Leaders, and The Trevor Project, promoting diversity and success in leadership and technology. Other deserving beneficiaries include Resource Center helping LGBTQ communities, JDRF, and Homes for our Troops, a group helping veterans rebuild their lives with specially adapted homes.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.