Partner Success Engineer
As passionate about our people as we are about our mission.
What We’re All About:
Q2 is proud of delivering our mobile banking platform and technology solutions, globally, to more than 22 million end users across our 1,300 financial institutions and fintech clients. At Q2, our mission is simple: Build strong, diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We accomplish that by investing in the communities where both our customers and employees serve and live.
What Makes Q2 Special?
Being as passionate about our people as we are about our mission. We celebrate our employees in many ways, including our “Circle of Awesomeness” award ceremony and day of employee celebration among others! We invest in the growth and development of our team members through ongoing learning opportunities, mentorship programs, internal mobility, and meaningful leadership relationships. We also know that nothing builds trust and collaboration like having fun. We hold an annual Dodgeball for Charity event at our Q2 Stadium in Austin, inviting other local companies to play, and community organizations we support to raise money and awareness together.
Q2 is seeking an L3 Support Engineer to support the Q2 platform with both internal and external customers. The person in this position will provide expert-level troubleshooting for the Q2 solution, resolve technical issues, or address root causes for multiple issues. Successful candidates must have the innate desire to find the root cause of technical issues, while balancing business needs to identify, support, and solve customer needs.
- Regularly troubleshoot complex client applications, integration and environment issues escalated from Level 1 & Level 2 support
- Troubleshoot/resolve customer problems of complex nature such as code defects, product configurations (files or data), networking, platform, third party communications, hardware configuration or other issues commonly encountered in systems operation in a networked environment
- Lead the Q2 platform knowledge acquisition for the Support and Operations teams as a whole, and partner with Development to improve the overall supportability of the Q2 platform
- Modify software as necessary including, but not limited to; changing scripts, reviewing application logs and making necessary modifications in database tables and tune peripheral applications to resolve the customer’s problem in a production environment. Construction and scheduling of automated processes and creation of custom processing scripts
- Regularly update customers via phone, email or client relationship management tool of ongoing troubleshooting and resolution efforts
- Contribute, as needed, to team caseload management
- Regularly receive escalated cases from management, and must prioritize accordingly
- Regularly document and report product/application defects to Development team, and escalate unresolved problems to the appropriate resources
- Serve as an escalation point for other team members who rotate to provide 24x7 “on call” support coverage for escalated issues
- Proactively seek out, research, and implement improvements to better serve customers\
- Cultivate cross-department communication, collaboration, and synergy
- Obtain higher-level direction when needed from Development team
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Enable the advancement of others on the team by providing technical guidance and feedback
- May be called on to conduct training for others to facilitate technical development, or to educate the team on technical details, issues, processes, or troubleshooting
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 7 years of related support experience
- Previous experience with enterprise/mid-sized software support or delivery experience required
- Must have a strong understanding of remote tools and networking
- Server and component experience with Windows Server (current and supported versions), IIS configuration, and Service management required
- Experience with Python and .NET programming a plus
- Advanced database knowledge with MS SQL (current and supported versions) preferred
- Must have the ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and resolves issues in a timely manner within a high-pressure environment
- Ability discuss technical concepts with non-technical customers, deal tight timelines and demanding constraints needed
- Previous knowledge of the banking industry and practices preferred
- Expert level understanding of the Q2 architecture and process work flow needed
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to interact with C-level executives
- Strong organization skills needed and must pay close attention to detail
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed to support on-call team members and perform scheduled work
Health & Wellness
Hybrid & Remote Work Opportunities
Flexible Time Off
Career Development & Mentoring Programs
Generous Retirement Benefit Plans, including a company-matching HSA program.
Health & Wellness Benefits, including a 12-weeks of parental leave for eligible new parents
Community Volunteering & Company Philanthropy Programs
Employee Peer Recognition Programs – “You Earned it”
How We Give Back to the Community:
You can learn more about our Q2 Spark Program, Q2 Philanthropy fund, and our employee volunteering programs on our Q2 Community page. Q2 supports dozens of wide-reaching organizations, such as the African American Leadership Institute, Ladders for Leaders, and The Trevor Project, promoting diversity and success in leadership and technology. Other deserving beneficiaries include Resource Center helping LGBTQ communities, JDRF, and Homes for our Troops, a group helping veterans rebuild their lives with specially adapted homes.
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.