Senior Systems Analyst (Cloud FinOps)
ProsperOps autonomously manages cloud discount instruments using algorithms and automation and oversees over $1Billion of customer compute spend. We’re seeking someone with a background in finance, complex billing, data science, or cloud operations with demonstrated problem solving skills and a strong working knowledge of FinOps to include Reserved Instances and Savings Plans. You’ll work on an evolving set of operational activities to ensure that our system can perform an increasingly complex set of FinOps functions. Thinking about our autonomous cloud management system as a self-driving car, you’ll be like the expert driver who also knows how systems that drive the car work. This includes data analysis, financial/FinOps operations, and advanced problem solving.
If you’ve worked in complex finance/billing technology environments as the expert on how things worked and want to become a world-class FinOps practitioner, this is your role. You’ll be part of a startup that has a positive and low ego culture, a profitable and fast growing business, and customers that love us.
- Problem Solver - you can cull the relevant details and solve for the essence of the problem
- Unafraid of Math - you are comfortable working with numbers, reading complex charts, and ad hoc spreadsheet analysis
- Fastidious – you’re organized, care about the details, and seldom make mistakes
- Ownership - you have autonomy in our culture to take on and fix shortcomings and challenges
- Experience working with AWS (or Azure, GCP)
- Cloud FinOps knowledge to include deep knowledge of Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, cost & usage data, and basic finance and accounting knowledge
- Experience working with Cloud FinOps tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
ProsperOps is the category leader in autonomous cloud cost optimization, founded by the original leaders of Rackspace’s AWS Managed Services Business. We use sophisticated algorithms and automation to generate world class savings outcomes while minimizing our customers' risk. We manage over $1Billion of AWS compute spend and serve sophisticated AWS teams at Drift, Betterment, and AWS’ largest resellers.
- Competitive salary
- Long-term incentive program
- Unlimited PTO
- Benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k)
- Career growth opportunities as an individual contributor to team leader
- Work from home (we're a fully remote team)
- Opportunity to be an early part of and shape a start-up culture