Senior Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
We’re seeking an experienced professional to join our Lifecycle Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Email & Lifecycle Marketing, the Lifecycle Marketing Specialist is responsible for service operations emails and SMS, including hardship programs and crisis communications.
The ideal candidate has lifecycle marketing experience, strong email developer skills, Iterable experience, and a high degree of customer empathy. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking to grow in a fast-paced and challenging environment, work on a fun team, and directly impact customer experience at Prosper.
Problems You Will Solve
- Code and QA emails within existing email templates, leveraging Iterable snippets and handlebar logic to ensure campaigns are future-proof and can be personalized.
- Design simple and complex multi-channel journeys in Iterable, including Experiments and conditional splits, using data in API event payloads and user profile attributes.
- Collaborate directly with the Operations Communications Channels team to intake requests, assess results, identify opportunities for optimization, and deliver campaigns and journeys to meet provided business requirements.
- Collaborate with technical resources to QA API event JSON payloads, outbound webhooks, and provide guidance as necessary.
- Monitor email and SMS campaign send counts and performance.
- Provide insight and subject matter expertise.
- 5+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing or campaign execution. Applicants with no direct experience creating and deploying email or SMS will not be considered.
- Direct experience building journeys with a modern marketing automation platform, preferably Iterable. Braze, SFMC, Marketo, or similar experience is also relevant.
- Direct experience coding HTML/CSS for email, including using Litmus or EoA to vet and troubleshoot cross-platform compatibility for mobile, dark mode, etc.
- Ability to build A/B tests and advanced segments to provided spec and troubleshoot.
- Working knowledge of API events and webhooks.
- Working knowledge of lifecycle marketing best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage several simultaneous projects, and proactively deliver key projects.
- Advanced Iterable skill (handlebar logic, Event.dataFields) or certification is a plus.
- Fintech or financial services experience is a plus.
- Experience with collections emails is a plus.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.