Benefits and Leaves Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Prosper is looking for a Benefits & Leaves Manager to join our People and Places team to manage and grow Proper’s health & wellness program, including the leaves program. This person is curious, strives to understand how things work, and simplifies the customer experience. The ideal candidate can communicate complex concepts in a way that everyone can understand, and recognizes that benefits impact people where it matters, at home.
This role reports to our Director, Total Rewards, and is remote.
Problems You Will Solve
- Lead the strategic design, implementation, and plan administration of Prosper’s benefits offerings
- Maintain in depth understanding of benefits landscape and provide expertise in both technical aspects of benefit plan administration and market trends
- Work with third party consultants to provide analysis and assess market competitiveness of all plans annually
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers as the primary contact for plan vendors, third-party consultants, and employees
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Manage internal communications, develop and deliver training and communications for leaders and employees to enhance employees' understanding of benefits offerings
- Lead all wellness initiatives to promote wellbeing from all aspects
- Oversee Prosper's leave of absence program, managing the relationship with our outsourced leaves administrator, ensuring that SLAs are met and it's a smooth experience for employees
- Communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave/accommodation, ensuring that they are aware of their responsibilities and next steps needed to qualify for leave
- Partner with Finance, Legal and People Teams to maintain all vendor contracts and implement new programs
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws.
- Ensure plan compliance with regulatory filings and updates, notices, ACA mandates, plan audits, non-discrimination testing, and employee benefit files
- Advanced knowledge in benefits plan design and administration
- Knowledge and experience with the leave requirements and federal, state and local regulations (e.g. ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ACA, COBRA etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Excel
- Experience with multi-jurisdictional leave programs
- Great organizational skills, high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective planning & priority setting
- 6+ years of related benefits administration experience, including 3+ years' experience administering leaves of absence
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, gym membership reimbursement
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.