Senior Software Engineer, Platform (remote)
Possible Finance is a mission-driven fintech that offers financial services to millions of consumers in the US who are underserved by the mainstream financial system. Through Possible Loan, the only small dollar loan in the market that helps build credit history, we’ve put over $500M into the hands of more than 600K customers using our machine learning-based credit decisioning engine that doesn’t rely on credit score. Using this same proprietary credit risk technology, we’re also launching the Possible Card, the only unsecured credit card with zero interest or late fees—ever—as the next chapter in our journey to provide affordable access to capital to underserved consumers.
The Platform team is responsible for the company IT infrastructure, and much of the framework infrastructure for our application, both backend and frontend. It is a small team but has a large impact and a large variety of work needed.
We seek a Senior Software Engineer, an SRE Superstar, a software engineer with a strong SRE/DevOps focus. You will design and build infrastructure to support new and existing integrations for the software development teams at Possible. As a Platform team member, you will work and be involved with cross-cutting Java software engineering efforts. Your day will be approximately 40% Java coding, 40% infrastructure design and development, and 20% release engineering.
Initial projects will include:
- Continual improvement of automated build processes across multiple code bases.
- Refactor platform Java code.
- Cost efficiency improvements.
- Performance enhancements.
- Security automation and improvements.
- Debug Java service errors related to infrastructure or core libraries.
- Create and enforce standards and processes across code and infrastructure.
- Support external security audits.
- Deploy, debug, and tune containerized services.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- Five years of infrastructure (SRE / Dev Ops) development and microservice architecture experiences
- Deep AWS knowledge with Terraform, including Administration and RDS, SQS, and ECS
- Pipeline build experience
- GitLab, Github, or Jenkins CI/CD definition experience
- Deep Java and Spring experiences
What we offer
Possible Finance is on a mission to help communities break the debt cycle and unlock economic mobility for generations to come. With the backing of our venture investors (Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, Euclidean Capital, Unlock Venture Partners), a loyal following of hundreds of thousands of customers, and a fantastic team, we’re unwavering in our fight for financial fairness. As one of only a few fintech Public Benefit Corporations, we’ve baked our dual commitment to building a profitable and socially impactful company right into our charter; we only succeed when our customers do too. If you’d like to help us ship financial products that protect consumers from predatory lending practices and promote financial health, give us a shout.
Our fully distributed, multi-cultural team is located across the US, Canada, Asia, Latin America, and Africa with core work hours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific Time.
Something looks off?