Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, rebalance, and report on 401(k) and other retirement plan accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
As an IT Specialist at our New York City office, you will play a crucial role in the seamless operation of IT systems and infrastructure, ensuring a robust and efficient technological environment. You will be a key point of contact for the US site team, offering dedicated technical support, maintaining our network, and managing hardware systems. Your collaboration with various departments will be vital in meeting their diverse technology needs and facilitating smooth daily operations.
While your primary focus will be the NYC office, it's important to note that you'll be joining a global IT team. Our IT manager is based in the Israel R&D center, and you will work in synergy with them and other international team members. This collaborative effort across time zones will involve sharing best practices, innovative solutions, and ensuring a cohesive IT strategy that aligns with our global standards.
- User Support & Education: Provide ongoing support and guidance to users and colleagues, offering training and resources to ensure efficient use of IT systems and tools.
- IT Ticketing Use: Efficiently resolve technical issues using the IT ticketing system, prioritizing user and business-critical concerns, while documenting resolutions to build a shared knowledge base.
- Process Automation: Implement onboarding and offboarding process automation with ABM and Intune Autopilot, managing project scope and milestones for access control.
- MDM Management: Administer MDM solutions like Intune and Kandji, ensuring device security while managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Network & Server Oversight: Conduct routine maintenance and project-led upgrades for network and server infrastructure, including firewalls and Wi-Fi systems.
- Asset Lifecycle Management: Oversee the lifecycle of IT assets from procurement to deployment and maintenance, coordinating related projects to meet departmental needs.
- Inventory Tracking: Maintain an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software, incorporating project inventory needs and forecasting.
- License and Software Governance: Manage software licenses and compliance, aligning software utilization with organizational projects and goals.
- Network Advancement: Lead network optimization projects, incorporating technologies like FW, ZTNA, and SASE, to enhance security and functionality.
- IT Operations Stability: Ensure the reliability of IT operations, including critical updates and migrations, applying project management methodologies for minimal disruption.
- SSO and Application Integration: Spearhead SSO integration projects for new applications, managing timelines and stakeholder expectations.
- Business Alignment: Work closely with business units to understand their technology needs and manage IT projects that support business objectives and drive innovation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an IT Specialist/Sysadmin with demonstrated capabilities in network troubleshooting and optimization.
- Proven experience in IT support, infrastructure management, and project coordination.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software systems, including Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Strong experience with networking concepts and devices, such as firewalls, routers, switches, and Wi-Fi systems, and understanding of network security practices, including technologies like FW, ZTNA, and SASE.
- Proficiency in cybersecurity principles and hands-on experience with network security measures.
- Familiarity with managing and deploying IDPs (e.g., OKTA), MDMs (e.g., Kandji, Intune), and EDR solutions (e.g., CrowdStrike, MS Defender, Sentinel One).
- Proven ability to manage Google Workspace and MS365 environments, with additional experience in AWS and Linux servers being advantageous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and a proven track record in user education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT projects and utilize strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and a team player with excellent people skills.
- Experience in ensuring the reliability and stability of IT operations, including systems updates, migrations, and network infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in network management and security (e.g., CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate).
- Certifications in Microsoft solutions (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Compensation: $75,000 to $85,000 annually
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.