Strategic Account Executive
Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
As Strategic Account Executive, you will lead the sales process with Pontera’s largest prospects, specifically focusing on the industry’s largest Wirehouses, Broker-dealers, Banks, and RIAs with over 1,000 financial advisors. You will be in a high-impact role with CEO-level visibility, tasked with bringing in clients capable of changing our company’s trajectory.
- Play the lead role in managing a pipeline of key Strategic wealth management prospects, handling the full sales cycle from initial conversation through negotiation and close
- Map the buyers of our prospects. Understand the goals, plans, timeline, organizational structures, and personal motivations of your counterparts
- Leverage and lead cross-functional teams within Pontera to deliver best-in-class presentations to C-level buyers at our prospects, tailored specifically their unique needs and priorities
- Strive to continuously improve your sales process, demonstrating a willingness to test, learn, and implement best practices
- Professional experience negotiating and closing complex multi-million dollar deals, with deep industry expertise in wealth management
- World-class communicator with a demonstrated ability to effectively interact directly with C-level audiences at Fortune 100 financial institutions (verbal, written, presentation)
- High IQ. Capable of facing off autonomously with a variety of buyer profiles ranging from Chief Executive Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, procurement, and others
- Excellent relationship builder, capable of winning buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, organized, and process-driven
- Self-starter with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- A sense of urgency and professional persistence, capable of bringing deals to a close
- Demonstrated track record of top performance
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, Monday.com, Tableau
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.