Partner Engagement Manager
Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
Pontera is looking for an exceptional Partner Engagement Manager (“PEM”) to join our growing team. You will be responsible for building strong, long-lasting relationships with our partners to help them grow their business on the Pontera platform. Given our unique platform and business model, a PEM is much more than a traditional technology company account manager. The PEM plays a critical role in our partners’ paths to successful implementation of the Pontera platform for their businesses. As a PEM you have the hybrid duty of driving near-term revenue by guiding new partners through the initial phase of platform adoption while also developing roadmaps for consistent, long-term partner growth strategies. This is a massive opportunity for a talented individual contributor to further develop a career in account management and business development with support from experienced management and mentors.
- Strategic engagement with partner firms to drive platform adoption and growth.
- Serve as the main commercial point of contact for our partners on behalf of Pontera.
- Manage a large pipeline of partner engagement efforts with use of a CRM and other sales software tools.
- Regular coordination of partner training and communication of product feature updates and enhancements.
- Stay informed on how industry trends and topics impact the businesses of our partners to ensure clear communication of ongoing best practice.
- Track record of success as an individual contributor working in consultative sales, business development or an external relationship building role
- Basic understanding of the financial services industry
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills
- History of conducting effective client phone outreach and video-conference calls
- Experience executing group demonstrations, webinars or in-person business meetings with clients or prospective clients
- Skilled at drafting professional and persuasive emails
- Experience effectively managing a large pipeline of clients, partners or prospects inside a CRM
- High energy and infectious attitude for delivering elite service to clients
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional self-improvement, namely in the area of sales or relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 yrs+ relevant experience
What We Offer
- Compensation: Base Salary $75K - $80K, OTE dependent on experience
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO days
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?