Manager, Investor Services
About the Position:
The Investor Services’ Manager is responsible for their own day to day client work; in addition to overseeing a team of associates allocated to multiple client engagements. The Investor Services team in general is responsible for facilitation of investor capital activity processing into private funds (including AML/KYC), communication with investors on behalf of clients, distribution of investor financial reporting, and other ad hoc related projects. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working directly in an Investor Services role at an alternatives fund administrator or an investment manager.
- Establish effective relationships across the organization to drive business performance and resolve problems
- Monitor and ensure overall client satisfaction and develop a strong relationship with assigned client contacts
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared accurately and with a high level of quality by conducting reviews of Associate work. This includes ensuring Associate work complies with internal procedures and controls, requirements as defined in the client service level agreement and fund formation documents.
- Help develop, educate and train staff accordingly to become subject matter experts on key services of the team
- Act as the first point of escalation for questions from Associates
- Identify operational process improvements and help drive change through implementation of new processes. Assist with the assessment, due diligence and implementation of key technology systems.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of AML/KYC, FATCA and CRS regulations
- Assist with documentation of desktop procedures for key tasks across the team for cross-training purposes
- Assist with internal policy development as required (i.e. AML/KYC Policy, K1 Distribution Procedures, Internal Review Checklists)
- 5+ years of investor services experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new applications
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing numerous projects and clients
- Performance management experience
- Experience with hedge funds, private equity funds and the alternative investment space
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information to internal and external clients