Acquisition Marketing Manager, Google Ads Specialist
Acquisition Manager, Google Ads Specialist
About the role…
At Policygenius, the Google Ads platform is a critical channel in our Acquisition team’s portfolio and for our ability as a business to efficiently grow Pg’s share of the digital insurance shopping market. We’re an ambitious growth marketing program that’s predicated on data-driven decision making that’s informed by a deep understanding of who our core customer is. As a result of this customer-first approach, Policygenius has established itself as a top player in a very competitive industry… and we’re only just getting started as we recently garnered the investment of Eldridge-backed Zinnia! We’re looking to bring in someone eager to make a big impact on our ability to efficiently scale the Pg business through the ownership of the daily management of the Google program, while also contributing to the broader Acquisition team’s strategy and growth initiatives.
The Acquisition Manager will own the daily management of our Google Ads program, a mix of Paid Search, Performance Max, Dynamic Search Ads & Youtube campaigns. They will collaborate with other teams and department stakeholders, playing a key role in effectively communicating and executing on growth initiatives while also ensuring those initiatives align with broader department & company strategies. This role will report to the Senior Director of Acquisition.
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $96,000 - 143,000 per year. Employees at Policygenius can expect generous benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience and expertise.
In this role, you will...
- Develop, manage, and evolve our Google Ads strategy, roadmap, and vision to meaningfully and efficiently grow high-intent MQLs.
- Monitor performance of campaigns, managing to spend, MQL, ROAS, CPA, and Lead-Quality targets.
- Develop and clearly articulate business cases for investment, tying outcomes to measurable KPIs at all times.
- Be responsible for precisely managing spend to monthly, weekly, and often daily budgets.
- Partner closely with Brand and Product teams to ensure ad copy and landing page optimizations are properly tested and hypotheses are sound.
- Be fully accountable for campaign performance, managing a variety of targets such as: Spend, MQLs, ROAS, CPA, and Lead Quality.
- Develop dashboards to generate key performance insights and contribute to the Analytics team roadmap.
- Contribute to the Acquisition team’s strategic roadmap based on what you’ve learned about either our business or our customers through the Google Ads program.
We’d love to hear from you, especially if you have…
- 3+ years of experience running Google Ads accounts that have produced significant impact for a D2C brand(s)
- A strong working knowledge of the Google Ads platform and tools provided in the UI.
- An intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of spreadsheeting and/or more advanced analytics software packages (Excel, Gsheets, Tableau, etc).
- Any experience w/ SQL or similar db querying language. More advanced coding experience is even better.
- A desire to make big, meaningful, long-term impacts on the business’ performance (and a track record of doing so won’t hurt).
- Analytical acumen. Econ degrees, Math, Engineering, Finance, quantitative-type folks who enjoy getting into the data.
- A natural curiosity. If you find something interesting or odd, you can’t help but chase it to understand it.
- A knack for problem solving. We are a startup after all and we have many, many problems to solve. Teammates that thrive here tend to have a bit of grit, an “I can do anything” attitude, and the willingness to learn anything they don’t already know.
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & HSA options
- Generous PTO
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers and a welcoming, inclusive culture
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!