Business Operations Lead
Local or 100% Remote
Who we are
Our mission at Point is to make homeownership more valuable and accessible to all. Every day, we explore, build, and iterate to create innovative financial products that improve the lives of our customers. Together, we’re creating the premier full-stack home equity platform to help current homeowners access their home wealth and aspiring ones realize their dream of homeownership. We recently raised a $120M Series C led by WestCap, and have raised over $170M overall from Andreessen Horowitz and other leading investors.
About the role
The BizOps team drives meaningful business impact across Point through ownership and execution of complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives. BizOps team members use a first principles approach to problem solving across multiple topics and leverage data analysis to inform decision making. Leads are expected to quickly ramp up on new topics, identify highest impact opportunities, and drive efficient execution. Through project work, Leads should build functional expertise, and provide thought leadership on these topics. BizOps Leads’ work is often directly tied to company-wide OKRs and requires a high degree of comfort with communicating with the executive team.
- Lead operational and strategic projects that drive valuable business outcomes:, such as increased operational efficiency, revenue growth, new product launches, cost savings, etc.
- Serve as a strategic partner for cross-functional teams at Point; provide input on functional roadmaps, and evangelize metric-driven prioritization of initiatives
- Identify new initiatives that deliver an outsized impact through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research; contribute to setting BizOps OKRs
- Support Point’s ongoing international expansion, collaborating with operational teams, recruiting, compliance, and leadership
- Contribute to ad hoc high priority projects (e.g. capital markets, board materials, etc.)
- Support the construction of Point’s dashboarding and metrics infrastructure and guide teams in using and adopting the dashboards
- Support go-to-market and growth efforts for Point’s new and upcoming product lines, collaborating with sales, ops, marketing, product, and legal
- Create and effectively communicate compelling presentations and written memos
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience in strategic and analytically rigorous fields (management consulting, investment banking, startup strategy & ops, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in a startup/tech environment
- Use first principles thinking to tackle complex, ambiguous problems in a clear and compelling way. Build frameworks that structure the solutions approach.
- Identify the highest yield activities within analysis and project work, and use the Pareto principle to prioritize their own workload and guide other teams accordingly.
- Ownership mentality in project management to effectively drive multiple work streams in an autonomous and dynamic environment.
- Ownership mentality in ramping up on new topics to quickly achieve “expert status” and develop thought leadership within the organization that lasts beyond initial project scope.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships based on empathy and high-level execution. Leverage these relationships to drive alignment around solutions and amplify the impact of BizOps work.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with an attitude of continuous improvement
- Microsoft Excel for financial and data modeling (Expert)
- SQL (Proficient)
- Professional communication written and oral (Expert)
- Data visualization
Generous health benefits
We provide medical, dental, and vision plans with options for flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA). Point covers 99% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Unlimited paid time off
Recharge with unlimited paid time off and 10 company holidays.
Flexible remote & onsite work
Our teams work from many different locations and time zones. We support fully remote work and also have an amazing in-person environment in our downtown Palo Alto, CA HQ.
Fully paid parental leave
Point will true-up wages from state-applicable PFL earnings so that the employee’s total gross pay will be equivalent to 100% of their regular base pay, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of state PFL.
For employees in states without Paid Family Leave, Point will provide up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
In addition, all employees will receive 4 weeks of fully paid transition time. For four weeks after returning from parental leave, and following the use of all other paid leave benefits, you may work part-time, meaning two or three days per week, and receive 100% of regular base pay.
We provide 401K retirement plans for employees as well as guaranteed life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. Full-time employees have the opportunity to take ownership in the company through equity options.
Extra work/life benefits
We provide monthly stipends for internet, mobile plans, and a one-time home office reimbursement.
Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. Each individual at Point brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides better services to customers, and helps us all grow and learn.
Compensation at Point will be determined by skills, experience, and geographic location. Point has identified the expected annual base salary range for roles at this level based on market by tiers (Region | Location | Market Range):
- Tier 1 | San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Los Angeles, & Seattle | $128,000-171,000
- Tier 2 | Chicago, Austin, Denver, Boston, Washington DC, San Diego | $108,000-146,000
- Tier 3 | All other US metro areas | $101,000-137,000
This does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, including equity, benefits, and perks outlined above. At the launch of each position, we benchmark compensation to the appropriate role and level utilizing competitive compensation data from various data sources as references. At the offer stage, we use the signal we received from our interviews coupled with your experience, location, and other job-related factors to determine final compensation.