Technical Account Manager - Financial Institution Partnerships
IT, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Financial Access organization expands and enriches connections between Plaid and data partners to create a foundation for new and differentiated products that enable people to have healthier financial lives. We enable innovation for data partners by opening access to tools and technology that create the fabric of fintech. The Financial Institution Partnerships team within the Financial Access organization navigates and manages complex and dynamic relationships with our largest and most strategic financial institution partners.
You will be a highly visible technical and product expert in Plaid's offerings (both for data partners and for customers), learning and knowing how to work with and leverage Plaid products on both sides of the network. You will own several Financial Institution Data Partner relationships simultaneously and stay up to date on Plaid's technological improvements and new product offerings. You will work in partnership with FIPs Partnership Leads and several other cross-functional teams, and you will be the primary driver to design and execute technical strategies that build trust with our Financial Institution Partners.
- Lead the Technical Strategy & Roadmap with FIPs FIs Identify key areas of improvement for all enterprise API integrations
- Intake requests from FA Product teams regarding discovery sessions, beta testing, and product launches
- Work with FIPs partnership lead to develop the “integration roadmap” / overall account plan and execute on strategies to drive those priorities
- Complete technical scoping, build and launch new API integrations
- Be the connective tissue between Plaid engineering and Financial Institutions for all issues with outsized customer or FI impact across all integration types.
- Document and communicate those technical and / or roadmap updates to necessary teams allowing Plaid to accurately adjust our planning / resources
- Provide clear technical direction on all aspects of Plaids’ FI integrations and FA Products
- Establish and own FI relationships with multiple levels of technical stakeholder from Engineers to CPOs / CTOs by validating and documenting their technical needs, business objectives, and metrics
- Be an advocate for innovation and early adoption of Plaid FA products / solutions available to appropriate data partners
- Serve as the escalation point for technical incidents or issues that have surfaced higher than normal Plaid support/FA channels
- Help uncover additional opportunities that are aligned with our FIPs account management strategy + company goals
- 6+ years of experience in a client-facing and / or technology-focused role where business experience and technical acumen was combined
- Experience managing external relationships independently and building / executing technical strategies to make partners/clients successful with new technologies
- Excellent project management and communication skills with a strong ability to provide technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences alike, simplifying complexities in a concise / clear manner
- Have a deep / thorough understanding of API’s, databases, system infrastructures, and architecture
- Self-starter who takes initiative and possess strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to use deductive and inductive reasoning to guide customers through complex or escalated issues
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams, levels of seniority, and influence structure / process to ensure everyone can meet their goals and timelines
- Ability to work under pressure, deadlines and navigate unexpected roadblocks
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.