Account Manager - Banking and Wealth
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Plaid Account Management team in the Banking & Wealth Segment leverages our deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our banking, wealth, and insurance cohort of customers build and scale amazing applications. We act as partners, advisors, and advocates for our customers to help shape how consumers and businesses interact with their finances.
- Own the overall relationship with our banking, wealth, and insurance customers, identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with influencers and the core team interacting with our solutions.
- Manage partnership, commercial, and technical topics; develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale to drive revenue.
- Own revenue targets, which includes identifying and closing new upsell opportunities and leading commercial negotiations for contract renewals.
- Be a strategic advisor and product consultative guidance on Plaid and industry best practices as customers build and scale their applications.
- Be a champion for our customers and work with our internal Plaid teams to translate customer feedback into product insights; partner with key customer stakeholders to ensure alignment between their business and product priorities and Plaid’s.
- Partner and collaborate with internal cross-functional counterparts such as Sales, Partnerships, Support, Risk, Legal, Finance, Commercial, Engineering, Product, and Business Operations.
- 3+ years of quota carrying account management experience; ideally with large enterprise organizations.
- Ability to collaborate closely with Plaid’s technical team to ensure customer launches are timely and successful; previous B2B technology experience is a strong plus.
- Deep customer empathy and desire to see our customers succeed.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and become a subject matter expert in Plaid’s APIs in order to convey complex information simply to our customers.
- Interest in financial services and technical products; grit, enthusiasm, and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth, ever-changing environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Adaptable and capable of working with all types of people and roles to build long-lasting relationships.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.