Account Executive - Named Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
Our Sales team combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services, and most specifically the Banks themselves, can benefit from better technology and access to data.
We’re building a team to work exclusively with the leading banks throughout North America to help enable their transformation to deliver incredible digital and consumer experiences to their customers, at the scale and quality needed by the largest banks.
Your focus will be on developing & leading large, complex new enterprise deals and building strong, long-lasting relationships with the banks to execute on their vision. Furthermore, you'll help shape how we engage, design and build products for the best brands in banking
What You'll Do
- Build a sales pipeline - From identify opportunities for prospects to benefit from deploying Plaid, efficiently accessing the right customer contacts to start conversations, to closing annual or multi-year contracts
- Focus on building a refined and repeatable sales motion in a particular vertical or category of accounts within the Enterprise business
- Go deep and wide in prospect accounts to build support for adopting Plaid
- Deeply understand Plaid’s business value and technology advantage
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within prospect and customer accounts
- Win as a team — in partnership with outbound sales development rep, account manager, technical account manager, implementation manager, product organization, and other members of your account pod
What Excites Us
- Significant experience (5+ years or equivalent) carrying a quota, SaaS or similar product
- 2+ years or equivalent experience carrying an enterprise quota
- Excited to get into the technical details, understand how Plaid works and what sets it apart from competitors from a technical standpoint
- Want to focus your sales day-to-day on a territory of accounts with a repeatable use case and high win rate — partnering with marketing, sales engineering, and your sales development rep to deploy and execute a playbook for landing these accounts
- Excited to learn more about the financial system, privacy and financial regulation, and building an equitable financial
- Detailed, curious, and collaborative sales approach
- Self-starter, high bias for action
- High EQ, focussed on solving problems for your prospects and colleagues
- Passion for Plaid’s mission of unlocking financial freedom for everyone
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.