Account Management Lead- Startup and Mid-Market
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
As an Account Management Lead for Startup and Mid-Market, you’ll be responsible for managing and growing the team, as well as setting the vision and strategy to drive growth at scale for our customers. You’ll also collaborate cross-functionally across our product and go-to-market teams to help build solutions that drive team and customer efficiencies. We are looking for a leader who is thoughtful, proactive, and creative when problem solving, and is comfortable operating in ambiguity with limited oversight. If you’re interested in leading the team that is growing the cutting edge of fintech, let’s chat! Ideal candidates will have experience in mentoring or managing teams, setting and hitting revenue goals, building relationships internally and with external stakeholders, and feel comfortable analyzing customer data to identify new growth opportunities.
- Recruiting, hiring, and developing a world-class account management team to support our fastest growing customers and deliver on revenue targets for the business
- Motivating and inspiring each team member to enable personal and professional career growth
- Engaging directly with C-level executives internally and externally as needed to build and maintain customer relationships
- Building and executing the strategy that drives upsell/cross-sell revenue and renewals at scale, and operationalizing the process to drive team efficiency
- Working in a high-pace, cross-functional environment that is different every day
- Working with leadership across the company to set direction for your team and Plaid as a whole
- 7+ years of experience, at least 2+ years managing a revenue-driving team
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through sales or account management in an early-stage, high-growth technology environment
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Strong ability to articulate technical and financial value points - internally for cross-functional collaboration, as well as externally to customers (including executive leaders)
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills to drive internal excitement, alignment, and results
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.