Account Executive - Banking and Wealth
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
Our Sales team combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services, and most specifically the Banks themselves, can benefit from better technology and access to data.
We’re building a team to work exclusively with the leading banks throughout North America to help enable their transformation to deliver incredible digital and consumer experiences to their customers, at the scale and quality needed by the largest banks.
Your focus will be on developing & leading large, complex new enterprise deals and building strong, long-lasting relationships with the banks to execute on their vision. Furthermore, you'll help shape how we engage, design and build products for the best brands in banking.
- Identify potential customers and run the end-to-end sales process within our Banking and Wealth segment
- Build and maintain relationships with Financial Institutions, from executives to product teams and developers; be viewed as a subject matter expert
- Partner with our sales and marketing teams to define and execute our Banking and Wealth segment sales strategy
- Work with our Product team, SEs and Account Managers to identify gaps in our solutions for Financial Institutions
- Manage pipeline and accurately reflect the probability of close
- Experience (3-5 years of quota-carrying experience) in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing deals
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a product-centric mindset
- Experience working with sales development and deploying a vertical focused revenue strategy; strong preference towards those with prior experience in the Banking and Wealth vertical
- Proven ability to interact and articulate complex solutions to all levels of a banking organization
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.