Experienced Technical Program Manager - Platform
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to partner with Plaid’s Platform teams, which include Services Platform, Development Foundations, and Data Platform. The Platform team provides the infrastructure platform and building blocks that support all product development and production services at Plaid.
As a TPM, you’ll lead the portfolio of programs related to ensuring that we provide a highly available, performant, secure, and compliant platform to meet the growing needs of Plaid’s business and ensure responsible use. A core aspect of your role will be centered on cloud cost optimization. This entails delving into the primary cost drivers, formulating strategies for proactive cloud expenditure monitoring, and championing intricate technical initiatives that amplify the returns on our infrastructure investments.
You’ll be responsible for the successful definition, cross-functional strategy, planning, and execution of additional large-scale technical programs that are based on the evolving needs of the business. You’ll be part of the technical program team, and you’ll partner closely with the Engineering Lead of Leads, Engineering Managers, Technical Leads / Architects, and Product Managers.
Technical Program Managers are mission-critical to Plaid’s success — they bring subject matter expertise, operational rigor, and energy to lead teams through Plaid’s most complex development efforts. We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive TPM team that celebrates knowledge sharing, collaboration, and mentorship.
- Strategic Leadership: Supporting a complex portfolio of programs which are one of Plaid’s top priorities in 2023/2024 and critically important to our customers
- Data-Driven Analysis: Using data to develop a deep understanding of your problem space, analyze opportunities and assess your solutions for impact
- Platform Excellence: Delivering platforms that are not just highly available and performant, but also maintain the highest standards of security and compliance.
- Technical Excellence: Spearheading the elevation of technical maturity and reliability across the organization by creating frameworks and metrics that make the right investments obvious.
- Organizational Impact: Collaborating cross functionally with a diverse set of internal stakeholders, driving transformative changes including developing best practices, fostering education, and innovating on internal processes.
- Collaborative Strategy: Acting as the connecting tissue between diverse teams, ensuring shared vision and alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Effective Program Management: Skillfully navigating complex projects by setting clear objectives, pinpointing challenges, crafting solutions, and monitoring progress against set timelines.
- 7+ years of technical program management, software engineering, product management or analytical experience
- Deep understanding of cloud economics, financial planning/forecasting, and/or experience using analytics toolsets (SQL, BI tooling, etc)
- Experience leading execution across highly ambiguous infrastructure, API, and Platform programs, with experience making technical trade-offs balancing business needs and technical constraints.
- Willingness to dig into technical details to understand our owned and dependent systems’ capabilities and roadmaps, and proactively identify risks and dependencies.
- A passion for quality and insights into the habits, behaviors, and principles that uphold it in a healthy development process.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to drive alignment, goal clarity, role understanding and long-term healthy relationships across team bounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for the success of work.
- Highly adaptable, driven individual who has excellent judgment across many dimensions
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.