Experienced Software Engineer - Developer Efficiency
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Developer Efficiency team is responsible for the systems that drive engineering productivity and reliable software delivery across the build, test, and deployment phases of the software development life cycle. Our goal is to make all Plaid engineers more productive via the components we own within Plaid’s Internal Developer Platform: CI/CD, Build Tools, Self-serve Deployments, Container Registry, Developer Portal, Service Catalog, and Feature Flagging. We also partner closely with adjacent teams such as Core Infrastructure, Observability, and Security with the goal of providing well-lit paths for common developer workflows to drive best-practices for operational maturity throughout the company.
As a senior technical leader within this area, you will work with Product and Engineering leaders across Plaid to create an aspiring vision to drive significant improvements to engineering productivity. You will be expected to deliver impact with quantifiable results using frameworks such as DORA.
You will initially be responsible for overseeing the technical direction of multiple work streams across build tools, CI/testing infrastructure, IDE integrations, and Continuous Deployment. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for promoting a strong culture of engineering excellence and code quality throughout Plaid. You will play an important leadership role in shaping Plaid’s Platform team as well as Plaid’s engineering organization.
- Make significant individual coding contributions, drive technical design reviews, and review code in their area of technical responsibility. Projects should be focused on improving the productivity of Plaid’s internal engineers, while managing the cost efficiency of our team’s infrastructure.
- Turn ambiguous problems into concrete technical roadmaps, and help other senior engineers grow into TLs that can drive the roadmap for their respective workstreams.
- Drive technical direction on engineering projects across multiple internal workstreams, while factoring in the requirements of key stakeholders such as Core Infrastructure and Security.
- Experience with architecting a company’s testing and deployment strategy across CI and CD.
- Experience with driving difficult technical decisions and significant architecture migrations.
- Experience with build systems such as Bazel or Buck, while scaling a monorepo or polyrepo.
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Protocol Buffers, and Golang.
- Strong code-reviewing skills, and an ability to improve an existing code-base.
- Solid understanding of how to drive internal operational maturity (e.g. SLIs and SLOs).
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.