Account Manager - Start Up
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid’s Canada team is looking for a Start-Up Account Manager to join our rapidly scaling team in Toronto. In this position, you will play a critical role in growing a “startup within a startup” that’s shaping the future of Open Finance for the Canadian market.
You will be responsible for managing a book of business and helping our existing customers grow their business powered by Plaid solutions - acting as the primary point of contact for your customers, you will work with them on all stages of integrations, scaling, driving adoption, product expansion, and account management. You will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders ranging from developers to executives to help them create the applications that will empower businesses and consumers with their financial data.
As a key partner to our customers, you will be integral to their success with Plaid by helping them launch on the platform, collaboratively problem solve, and drive revenue growth through new product adoption. In addition, you will also be responsible for working with our cross-functional teams to help drive the product roadmap and market positioning for Plaid.
The right candidate has the ability to build strong relationships with their customers, develop a deep understanding of their priorities, motives and key drivers, is solutions oriented, and has demonstrated success taking initiative to drive results. If you are a highly driven self-starter who can wear multiple hats, loves helping customers grow, and is passionate about Canadian fintech, there are few roles more exciting than this. Come help Plaid unlock financial freedom for everyone.
What Excites You
- Own the overall relationship with your portfolio of high priority customers.
- Build relationships with developers and founders to retain and grow revenue.
- Drive product upsells and lead the commercial negotiations for contract renewals.
- Help customers integrate and launch on Plaid.
- Partner with Marketing and Product to creatively problem solve and run experiments to maximize revenue and product adoption.
- Key success metrics are answering customer inbound questions, driving revenue and product adoption, and customer happiness.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies that increase customer product adoption, engagement, and growth at scale.
What Excites Us
- High degree of work ethic, team mentality, coachability and a “how can we” vs. “we can’t” attitude.
- Customer empathy and deep desire to see customers succeed.
- High technical and business acumen with a desire to get technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs.
- A strong business generalist with a passion and intuition for what makes startups successful (ie strong product sense).
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Ability to work with all types of people and build long-lasting relationships.
- 2+ years of experience working with customers or internal stakeholders.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?