Account Executive — FinTech
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Fintech Sales Team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid’s expanding solution suite to the ever growing number of fintech companies across the country.
You'll be a key individual helping us achieve this mission. Your focus will be identifying and engaging with leading fintechs, build long-lasting relationships with these companies, and aligning Plaid solutions to their specific and unique business needs. You will also work with some of Plaid’s highest value customers to identify new opportunities where our increasingly diverse range of solutions can add value to their business.
- Identify potential customers and run the end-to-end sales process within our Fintech segment
- Develop deep knowledge of our existing Fintech customers and identify growth opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships within Fintech customers, from executives to product teams and developers; be viewed as a subject matter expert
- Work with our Product team, SEs and Account Managers to identify gaps in our solutions for Fintechs and help execute your sales strategy
- Manage pipeline and accurately forecast deal value and win probability
- Significant experience (6+ years of quota-carrying experience) in a new-revenue role.
- Strong track record of closing complex, high-value deals with specific expertise selling to Fintech companies
- Exceptional prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a focus on delivering value relative to each customer’s unique business needs
- Proven ability to interact and articulate complex solutions to all levels of a Fintech organization
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed; Understanding of API functionality and the ability to quickly learn how Plaid solutions operate ‘under the hood’.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed; Solution-oriented mindset and an ongoing desire to ‘make it better’
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.