Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid’s Communications team plays a critical role in crafting and sharing Plaid’s story with customers, prospects, investors and most importantly for this role: our internal Plaids. As the Internal Comms Lead, you’ll partner with the Communications, People, TechOps, Legal, and various corporate teams to develop the right practices and processes that drive forward an open and scaling organization. The scope of Internal Communications today includes partnership on employee-facing initiatives (write, review, editing communications), owning our intranet development and content, programming and producing monthly All Hands, supporting Quarterly Business Reviews, cultivating a set of communication norms for our growing organization and owning best practices for company-wide communications via Slack, email, and in-person forums.
In this role, you’ll act as the voice of Plaid in company-wide communications, and own the systems and tools that are needed to share information.
What excites you
- Managing internal communications strategy, process, and programs to ensure the most important messages get to employees, that employees know where to go for the information they need, and that the company’s mission and principles are woven into the DNA of internal communications.
- Empowering employees through great storytelling, including programming bi-weekly All Hands, weekly Q&A sessions with Founder, and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Partnering with internal teams across the company, including People, Workplace, TechOps, Finance, and Legal, and others to ensure all communications to employees are clear, effective, and consistent with our overall communication strategy and messaging
- Owning a company-wide intranet with ongoing responsibility for management and platform improvements, as well as driving other employee comms tooling innovations with our TechOps team
- Maintaining a company-wide set of communications norms and creating guidance that spans a variety of channels including (but not limited to): Slack, email, and meetings
- Identifying creative ways to measure and improve the effectiveness of our internal communications
- Working with the Communications team to develop and/or edit company-wide communications
- Moving seamlessly from detail-oriented work to seeing the bigger picture
What excites us
- At least 7+ year working in an internal communications function at a fast-paced tech company
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal – and the ability to engage and understand technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience owning and/or contributing to an internal knowledge management platform or content management system used by a large audience
- Experience with producing high quality and engaging All Hands team meetings
- Experience partnering closely with internal operations teams, like HR, DEI, IT, Legal, etc.
- High attention to detail and ability to distill complex ideas into clear guidance and written/verbal communications
- Focus on a top-notch employee experience
- The ability to challenge assumptions and desire to make it better
- Comfort with a fast-changing environment
- Experience in fintech a plus
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?