- Ensure proactive, hands-on maintenance and proper functioning of the enterprise technology environment.
- Ensure IT teams work within corporate policy and standards, delivering effective and timely service to the enterprise.
- Review and create detailed IT-related documentation, standard operating procedures, and guidelines.
- Lead a qualified team of engineers and specialists to support IT projects and employee needs.
- Collaborate with outside consultants and vendors to deliver required technologies.
- Establish policies related to quality, performance, cybersecurity, compliance, and IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate current systems and determine short-term and long-term goals and appropriate resources for projects. Develop business cases that include cost-benefit analysis to propose improvements.
- Provide input on hardware and software tools and solutions to drive efficiency.
- Provide support to Business Technology initiatives and projects as needed.
- Plan and oversee the installation and maintenance of computer systems, hardware, and SaaS services.
- Develop and implement policies related to network security, disaster recovery, and IT infrastructure.
- Familiarity with enterprise-level networking, including firewalls, switches, routers, VPNs, wifi, etc.
- Provide program or project management expertise to projects including IT and business systems to implement new and integrate new technologies into existing systems.
- Perform ongoing support and maintenance of all hardware, software, and network components.
- Participate in defining and implementing hardware security policies and software updates to protect company information and resources.
- Support employee on/offboarding
- Plan, execute, and validate projects to select, install, and support systems and applications that meet the needs of the entire company.
- 8+ years of IT experience, with 4+ years of experience managing an IT department.
- Proficient in the latest technologies for IT systems and management, especially within the SaaS space for high-growth startups.
- Thorough understanding of IT, SaaS tools and practical applications to support company goals.
- Proven experience maintaining and scaling multisite network infrastructure, including Zoom rooms, office wifi with Meraki.
- Knowledge of business systems including but not limited to CRM, billing and G2M tools is a plus.
- Ability to build relationships with IT stakeholders and vendors.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headspace, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $140,000 - $190,000 in San Francisco, CA. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.
Something looks off?