Strategic Account Manager
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for innovating and managing acquisition and the overall partner experience to ensure substantial and profitable growth with strategic partnerships. These partnerships include high volume partnerships including but not limited to Wholesale, National, Payroll, API, programs, and affinity opportunities or other complex partnership structures. The role is accountable for the identification and development of new partnerships while managing and strengthening existing relationships. Managing these partners mandates a strength in strategic planning to maximize the growth and relationship between the partner and Pie. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
How You’ll Do It
Recruiting of new partnerships & effectively onboard to ensure immediate success
- Create, implement and execute a partner recruitment strategy with a focus on your dedicated partner channel, gaining an in depth understanding of the organizational structure and needs to ensure a successful partnership
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of our value proposition and convey effectively to new partner prospects.
- Manage new partner opportunities through the pipeline lifecycle, through contract completion.
- Develop and execute a plan to onboard new partners in a consistent, scalable and efficient manner including development of SOPs to support specifics of the partnership including API needs, remittance, audit specifications, etc., while coordinating the partnership launch with internal and external partners.
- Identify profile gaps and complete our understanding of that agency, their workflows, how they operate, and individuals who will influence positive outcomes.
Manage and drive profitable premium through strategic partners
- Develop and implement strategic plans to drive profitable premium growth and retention for new and current partnerships that is forged at the top but executed throughout the hierarchy of the organization down to the individual user
- Represent Pie in meetings with partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events including managing interdepartmental involvement to maximize the opportunities further
- Execute any and all user needs to ensure preference across the partners organization resulting in, increasing user base, top line submissions, conversion resulting in increased premiums, and overall retention.
- Assist in forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Develop strategic programs
- Work with Marketing, Product and UW to bring new programs to market.
- Ideate and execute on innovative and creative solutions to pain points that partners may encounter with Pie or may have in the marketplace in general to turn the hurdle into an opportunity
- Own uncovering, sourcing, implementing and managing resources or tools necessary to maximize the partnership including but not limited to remittance process, API integrations, product implementations, marketing campaigns, incentives, etc.
- Living into agile thinking, having a strong interest in testing and learning, iterating based on findings sound in facts with data to support.
Tracking, reporting, and executing to performance metrics and industry trends
- Maintain and monitor industry insights, trends, or customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts and business decisions, transition to actionable items to benefit the partnerships further and responsible thereafter to measure results and iterate as needed.
- Work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders to establish best practices and innovative ways to strategically align ourselves with our payroll partners while understanding the needs of multiple cross functional groups.
- Monitor and report progress on initiatives in support of the department's overall OKRs .
- Provide Ad Hoc reporting and data to BD leadership team as requested.
The Right Stuff
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- Minimum of 6-years working in a sales or senior professional role is required.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in P&C insurance or P&C-focused SaaS organization is required. Experience in Workers Compensation or other commercial lines is preferred.
- Experience managing payroll, strategic, national, API, or wholesale partners is preferred.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- The ability to clearly define desired outcomes supported by impact analysis when necessary
- Basic leadership skills and some general experience leading work groups or task forces in specific projects.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), Salesforce, Looker, Zoom preferred.
- Advanced sales skills with a previous consistent track record in achieving/exceeding targets in a closing role; relevant experience in developing new business relationships, overcoming objectives, and presenting sales solutions/products to new clients.
- Developed ability to plan and execute strategically.
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) for this role are approximately $190,000/year and are based on successfully meeting performance expectations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.