Director, Agency Management
The Director, Agency Management will establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance company among small business owners by being accountable to drive premiums generated from distribution partners in 2023 and beyond. 75% of Pie’s future premium is expected to come from distribution partners such as, Payroll, Wholesale, National Broker Partner, Aggregate, and Cluster relationships. As an extension of Pie, these distribution partners must operate with a customer first mentality and share Pie’s goal for disciplined profitable underwriting.
How You’ll Do It
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with existing and prospective partners to drive sales growth
- Accountable for implementing all Pie underwriting best practices within the agency team to optimize production and loss ratio targets
- Conduct regular business reviews with partners to assess performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions
- Implement strategies to optimize sales performance and increase revenue generation of our retail and wholesale agency partners. Incrementally increase Unique user count, agency submissions, and bound premium
- Responsible for developing and implementing a pipelining strategy to ensure Pie has full visibility into the premium potential (i.e. sales pipeline) for the Agency Management Team
- Accurately forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Track and analyze sales data and key performance indicators to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
- Leverage Saleforce.com to track all partner communication, action items, revenue potential, etc.
- Empower Leaders to work with their teams to establish goals, ensure metrics are being maintained and drive performance for the overall agency management team
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new opportunities and emerging trends
- Communicate regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to ensure alignment of indirect sales strategies and seamless execution of initiatives
The Right Stuff
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Licensed P&C Insurance Agent
- 7 years of experience leading Sales and or Business Development team
- Advanced abilities in leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of enterprise level agency relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: ability to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future
- Proven ability to drive significant revenue generation results from distribution partners
- Thorough understanding of the property & casualty insurance industry, and strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of insurance business financials
- Experience successfully developing and managing large regional, national and wholesale commercial lines brokers/agents, MGAs, and MGUs
- Advanced sales skills with a previous consistent track record in achieving/exceeding targets in a closing role; relevant experience in developing new business relationships, overcoming objectives, and exceeding quota
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with key distribution partners
- Ability to travel up to 25% nationwide
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) for this role are approximately $270,000 and are based on successfully meeting performance and production expectations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.