Premium Audit Associate
As a Premium Audit Associate you’ll be an integral team member in guiding our customers through their workers compensation needs by responding quickly to our customers’ requests, and listening to their concerns. By being the first point of contact, your role must provide an experience that lives into our brand - “as easy as Pie”. A successful Premium Audit Associate will be able to actively listen, seek to understand, find the answers, and guide our clients through audit inquiries. Your confidence will shine through, and your communications (verbal, written, and otherwise) will build confidence and loyalty to Pie.
How You’ll Do It
Provide quality customer service.
- Ability to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner.
- Handles advanced and elevated phone, email, and platform-based communication with customers and cross-functional partners to provide excellent customer service.
- Seeks resolution to issues to ensure top customer experience, while also anticipating ways in which to prevent future issues.
- Applies workers compensation training and knowledge to policy, billing and agency questions, concerns and production.
- Seeks resolutions to issues while also anticipating ways in which to prevent future issues.
- Advocates for the customer and their perspective as they work with Pie for their workers’ comp needs.
- Record and organize customer interactions and account changes through Salesforce and policy administration software.
- Is accurate and efficient in daily tasks and work, including communications, facilitating audit disputes, audit triage requests, and check requests.
- Adheres to and applies protocols, processes, and guidelines to accomplish daily business activities, including outbound audit compliance calls, downloading of online audit documents, and other projects as assigned.
Developing a deep understanding of audit processes & procedures.
- Strives to meet and go above personal and team targets, goals, and quotas.
- Ability to learn and follow customer service procedures and policies.
- Reconciling account debits and credits.
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this position.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- 1+ years Customer Service or high-volume customer contact preferred.
- Intermediate: Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively
- Problem Solving
- Intermediate: Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Junior: Basic self-direction and responsibility for own tasks, deliverables and timelines
- Technology Tools
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office equipment.
- Customer Advocate.
- You are customer-obsessed and willing to do what it takes to understand and meet our customer needs. Your focus is on the customer to listen and understand what is on their mind and what they need.
- Effective and Efficient.
- You can skillfully manage multiple systems, platforms, and tasks. You are self-organized and are able to ensure that things are taken care of for our customers and for Pie.
- Calm Under Pressure.
- You are skilled in calmly defusing difficult situations. You are able to take a frustrated and unhappy customer interaction and situation and turn it into one of mutual understanding, satisfaction, and even loyalty building.
- Team Mentality.
- We all need help sometimes. You thrive in a supportive environment and are able to offer and lend a hand as much as you are willing to ask for help from others. We are all in it together, and you want to be a part of this greater good.
- You embrace change and can manage a level of ambiguity inherent to a growing startup. Fast doesn’t scare you, it inspires you.
- Learn and Grow.
- You are hungry to learn more, and you look for ways to grow and be a great Pie-oneer for Premium Audit and others. You are willing to do what it takes to get the knowledge and experience, whether it’s from feedback, training, or special projects.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Something looks off?