Claims Administrative Support Associate
Candidates for this role must be located in or around Dallas, TX. This role will initially be remote with intentions to transition to hybrid in the future when Pie likely expands its office locations to Dallas, TX.
The Claims Administrative Support Associate is a key role for Pie’s growing Claims Team. You will be responsible for addressing correspondence that comes in support of the Claims department such as first notice of loss, coverage requests, and mail exception queues from both internal and external parties. This role includes utilizing one or more technology platforms or systems to identify, analyze, and translate business needs on existing claims or new claim requests. In this position you will also partner with the customer care advocate department to provide support when needed. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing industry leading customer service.
How You’ll Do It
Identifies, analyzes, and translates claims administrative tasks
- First contact for all claims administrative tasks.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and responds to claims inquiries, requests, and needs.
- Provides timely response to Pie policyholders and partners along with internal team members through communication channels, including phone, email, and Slack.
- Provides claims kits as needed to our policyholders.
- Takes appropriate action on all physical claims mail received or sent by Pie.
- Provides timely coverage confirmation to our Third Party Administrator (TPA) requests.
Collaborates with internal business partners effectively
- Handles and routes communications to necessary stakeholders and internal business departments.
- Identifies business opportunities and drives innovation with various departments.
- Maintains a high level of customer service, responds in a timely manner, and follows established claims protocol and guidelines when interacting with our internal business partners.
- Partner with the Customer Care Advocate department to provide assistance on Claims intake and inquiry calls as needed.
- Provide industry-leading customer service to our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Some post secondary education, such as college coursework/certification/training is preferred.
- 1+ years experience in claims administration, general office administration or in a customer service representative role is highly preferred.
- 1+ years of P&C claims experience (Workers’ Comp and Comm Auto preferred)
- Advanced customer service skills to deliver the best experience for all customers, both internal and external.
- Skillfully manage multiple systems, platforms, and tasks.
- Self-organized and able to ensure that things are taken care of for our policyholders and for Pie.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to handle stress well and remains flexible to change.
- Adept in calmly defusing difficult situations.
- Ability to take a frustrated and unhappy policyholder or partner interaction and situation and turn it into one of mutual understanding, satisfaction, and even loyalty building.
- Proficient communication skills to build strong and lasting relationships
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Something looks off?