Financial System Administrator II
The Financial System Administrator will be part of an agile business systems team accountable for designing, building, and maintaining functionality within the Pie Insurance Financial Technology ecosystem.
This individual will work cross-functionally with members of both technical and business staff to help refine user requirements, build out internal financial technology (and adjacent functionality) according to best practices, and ensure successful deployment. This role is critical for supporting strategic company-level objectives, while collaborating cross-functionally to ensure a succinct operational experience for their stakeholders.
How You’ll Do It
Financial System Implementation, Maintenance & Support
- Analyze the Accounting Support Portal issues for process gaps; determine holistic solutions to resolve
- Monitor, audit, maintain and troubleshoot current financial system and data, ensuring data integrity and system compliance
- Provide end-user support, including researching and resolving system issues, user management
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of financial system upgrades and/or deployments of new functionality
- Routinely review data inputs/outputs, requests and processes to identify inconsistencies or opportunities for improvement
- Support and perform discovery, business requirements review, system configuration, data conversion, testing and rollout activities related to financial systems (and implementations of financial systems)
- Represent the FP&A and Accounting teams as a data governance and compliance champion
- Partner across the organization to understand the implications of changes made in up and downstream systems
- Ability to understand the current and desired states of the Accounting & Finance technology ecosystem
- Collaborate with the FP&A and Accounting teams to coordinate application of upgraded functionality, explore opportunities to streamline and automate, implement process improvements and/or apply fixes
- Design and document system and technical processes, identifying expectations and results
- Partner with key stakeholders and SMEs to drive the most impactful changes for the business
- Partner with other SMEs to devise solutions to business problems that are moderate to complex in scope and impact, while exercising independent evaluation and judgment
Reporting & Analytics
- Fulfill standard ongoing and ad-hoc data requests by writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports using appropriate reporting tools within the financial application (Intaact), Looker/BI tooling, and financial planning tool suite (Adaptive)
- Serve as primary point of contact with Data Engineering for all Finance/Accounting needs that cannot be met using core Enterprise Applications
- Establish and document audit procedures for validating and correcting financial data
The Right Stuff
- 3 years of Analyst or Administrator experience in financial applications, system configuration, and/or implementation duties
- Prior experience with financial systems administration (Intacct, NetSuite, Workday Financials, Concur), reporting/data visualization tools (eg. Workday Adaptive, Tableau, Looker) and data analysis are preferred
- Experience with a minimum of one full cycle ERP/Financial System implementation or migration
- Knowledge of roles, permissions, page layouts, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports, saved searches, dashboards and forms to manage unique business process requirements
- Ability to translate business objectives and user needs into technical configurations and data requirements
- Soft skills to include, inquisitive nature to figure things out and independent yet collaborative work ethic
- Strong customer service mindset with an eye for detail
- Experience compiling data from multiple sources in Excel and Google Sheets using pivot tables, V-lookups and formulas
- Intacct Implementation Specialist Certification is desired
- Experience with ITGC and SOX controls desired
- Proficiency in SQL is desired
- Up to 10% travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Something looks off?