Director of Commercial Lending
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Lender Finance team provides private lenders with warehouse facilities and note on note leverage nationwide. The team is expanding, and we are looking for Lender Finance Director to join the team to support business growth. This role will report to the Chief Lending Officer and supported by a team of underwriters and analysts. The Director will be accountable for executing the team’s plan to further grow the Lender Finance business and driving the day-to-day originations.
- Develop a plan for expanding existing note-on-note and warehouse facility business and generating new loan opportunities
- Source new loan opportunities by prospecting and networking with other non-banks and private lenders
- Gather and analyze relevant information for loan requests, including the review of property details, property financial statements, client data and other pertinent data to determine overall credit worthiness
- Establish and negotiate terms and recommend loans for approval
- Build industry relationships and pipeline of deals
- Interact with clients to maintain and enhance business relationships and work with existing clients on renewals and modifications on existing loans
- Maintain current knowledge of internal policies, as well economic, financial, political and legislative trends to determine possible impacts on commercial lending trends
- Prepare business plans to ensure maximum profitability and effectiveness
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of relevant lending experience with a proven successful sales record
- Thorough understanding of commercial lending trends, competition, communities, and business nationally
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight time constraints
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field preferred
Salary Range: $120,000.00 - $165,000.00 plus commission
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.