Bank Compliance Analyst - Complaints & Quality Monitoring
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with current regulations. The Compliance Complaints and Corrective Action team manages the Bank’s enterprise complaint handling process and provides oversight of in house and fintech customer service units. We are looking for a compliance analyst who is passionate about customer care, familiar with bank operations, who is ready to hit the ground running to help assist the team in building out our quality oversight program and has experience with consumer compliance regulations.
- Responding to regulatory complaints, including reviewing of complaint files and drafting responses.
- Perform quality reviews of complaint cases related to Bank products and services to identify failures to appropriately investigate or address client concerns. Work with the Fintech partners and Bank compliance teams to provide corrective action or process enhancements based on industry best practices.
- Perform quality reviews of customer-facing activities, including customer calls and email correspondence, to identify failures to follow established compliance procedures. Recommend appropriate corrective action and enhancements to processes, procedure, and training.
- Analyze complaints and quality metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify trends or recurring issues in customer complaints/quality monitoring and provide feedback to management for process improvement initiatives.
- Escalate complex or unresolved complaints to higher levels of management or specialized departments for further investigation and resolution.
- Assist in the development and delivery of complaint training, including training of fintech partners.
- Maintain detailed records of complaints, investigations, resolutions, and other relevant information for complaints.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as Fraud, Operations, and Legal to gather necessary information and resolve complex complaints.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies while resolving complaints.
3-5 years’ experience providing oversight of sales, servicing, and/or collection activities as a compliance analyst. Prior experience performing call and complaint reviews preferred.
- Proven track record showing ability to maintain high attention to detail while managing multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience with consumer regulations, bank products (installment personal loans and credit cards preferred).
- Strong knowledge of FCRA, Regulation E, Regulation Z, Regulation B/ECOA.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes and suggest corrective actions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interact with Bank partners and internal stakeholders.
- Great organization skills plus strong analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to investigate complaints and identify potential resolutions.
- Strong interest in technology and innovation. Prior fintech experience a plus.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.