Deposit Operations Manager
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for:
The Deposit Operations Manager will oversee the operational components of the Banking as a Service Programs. Banking as a Service is complex and requires comprehensive overseeing. The Deposit manager will work closely with the Operation’s Coordinators to provide updates and produce solutions that are essential to the overall success of the bank. This position requires an astute knowledge of operational processes and the ability to recognize situations that call for further investigation. The BaaS Operations Manager is responsible for the performance of their team and must work to ensure that their team has the ability to adapt to changes effectively and efficiently. This position requires the manager to lead the team through training, delegation, coaching and direction as needed.
• Consistent review of the Banking as a Service Programs that are onboarded and maintained at the Bank
• Analyze existing processes to develop strategies and procedures and/or policies to maximize team efficiency and effectiveness
• Interact and support Banking as a Service Program Partners throughout their life cycle including implementation, testing, and post launch
• Review the Banking as a Service Programs’ procedures to ensure that they align with the Bank’s operational requirements and Bank’s policies, which includes regulatory requirements
• Conduct research to ensure that the Banking as a Service Programs are aligned with the industry best practices and execute tasks to ensure adherence
• Develop workload analysis, monitor the teams’ performance, conduct team member evaluations, and provide coaching as needed to maintain ultimate team effectiveness
• Provide training to the team on Banking as a Service operational processes and requirements
• Ensure all responsibilities are completed in a timely manner and according to policy; this includes daily settlement with the networks
• Manage special projects which may involve coordination with other departments
• Act as a liaison with the Operation’s Coordinators to implement bank initiatives and task across Operations
• Assist with audits and remediation efforts to ensure that mitigations are developed to all audit findings and implement resolutions
• Provide the effective resolution of technical banking problems, conflicts, and issues, ensuring that issues are quickly resolved
- 5 years of experience as a manager in the banking industry
- 5 years of experience with account opening, procedural improvements, and policy alignment
- Ability to understand written agreements and identify the steps necessary to maintain operational adherence
- Ability to effectively work while multi-tasking
- Detailed oriented
- Team oriented with the ability to effectively lead a team
- Effective decision making and critical thinking; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions
- Intuitive and innovative thinking and the ability to apply the concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a rapidly growing environment
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite Programs
- Must be a self- learner and have the ability to work with minimal assistance
- Prior experience working with FinTech and Banking as a Service Programs
Salary Range: $70,000.00-$120,000
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.